New to OmniFocus or ready for a review of the basics? Learn how to make effective use of OmniFocus on Mac, iOS and Apple Watch.
This webinar covers OmniFocus concepts, features and best practices to support you in using OmniFocus effectively on Mac, iOS and Apple Watch. No prior knowledge or experience with OmniFocus is assumed.
You’re encouraged to watch this video whether you’re brand new to OmniFocus and want to make sure you configure and use OmniFocus optimally from the beginning, or if you’re an existing OmniFocus user and want to fill in some gaps in your knowledge and re-envision your setup and practices.
Topics featured in this webinar include:
- Key OmniFocus concepts, including sequential and parallel projects, single action lists, contexts, folders and perspectives.
- Best practices for creating and naming projects.
- Best practices for creating and using contexts.
- Best practices for configuring OmniFocus on Mac and iOS.
- How to use folders to organize and separate different aspects of your life and work.
- A variety of ways to capture information into your OmniFocus inbox on Mac and iOS.
- Techniques and best practices for processing your OmniFocus inbox.
- The difference between defer and due dates.
- How to use flags to identify your most important tasks.
- How to create actions and projects that repeat.
- Practical ways to use OmniFocus as you go through the day.
- How to use OmniFocus’ Review feature to build trust in your system.
- How to use OmniFocus’ Forecast feature to monitor your workload and time commitments.
- How to make productive use of OmniFocus on the Apple Watch.
- And more…
OmniFocus was designed with David Allen’s Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to productivity in mind. To get maximum value from this webinar, it will help to have at least a basic understanding of GTD. Visit our Getting Things Done® (GTD®) Resources page for a list of resources, including some short videos that provide a quick and succinct introduction to GTD concepts.