OmniFocus 3: Beyond the Basics
Drag and Drop on iPhone
It’s now possible to drag an email from the Mail app to OmniFocus on the iPhone:
- Tap and hold on the email that you want to turn into an OmniFocus action.
- While holding your finger down, move your finger until the email appears in a floating window.
- If you want to turn more than one email into an action, tap on additional emails with your other hand to add them to the floating window. A number will appear indicating how many emails are in the stack.
- While still holding your finger down, use your other hand to navigate to the location in OmniFocus where you want to create the action(s) (e.g. the Inbox).
- Release your finger to create action(s) at the current location in OmniFocus.
- Rename these new action(s) so that the action(s) are clear (e.g. “Respond to John’s feedback”) and add fill in the additional fields (e.g. add a tag of “email”) as needed.
Course Home Expand All
Step 1: Capture
Capturing on Mac7 Topics
Capturing on iPad6 Topics
Steps 2 & 3: Clarify & Organize
Clarifying & Organizing on iPad4 Topics
Step 4: Reflect
Step 5: Engage
Engaging on Mac6 Topics
Engaging on iPad4 Topics
Return to OmniFocus 3: Beyond the Basics