- This event has passed.
Managing Large Projects with OmniFocus
September 13, 2017 | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDT
Large projects can span weeks, months or even years. They may be something that you take on personally (e.g. completing a university degree) or as part of a team of people (e.g. building a house). It’s important to have a strategy when taking on these major endeavours and a solid system to help keep you on track. Otherwise, procrastination will likely kick in and the project will end up taking much more time and energy than is necessary.
Overview of Live Session
We’ll cover the full project lifecycle, everything from the initial project planning to managing the details of the discrete actions that contribute to the ultimate outcome. We’ll look at how OmniFocus fits into the picture if you’re working on the project as part of a team. And you’ll learn some practical strategies for staying productive and motivated, even when the finish line is far off in the future.
What You’ll Learn
Attend the live session and learn:
- Practical strategies for approaching large projects that you’re taking on individually or as part of a team.
- How to manage and monitor the big picture of long-term projects without feeling overwhelmed by the scale of the project.
- How to structure large projects in OmniFocus.
- The advantages of using multiple smaller projects instead of a larger project with numerous groups.
- How to manage project checklists in OmniFocus to help ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Strategies for staying motivated when working on long-term projects and for making consistent progress on projects who’s deadline is months or even years away.
- And more…
Planning, managing and monitoring large projects typically requires the use of complementary third-party apps. This live session will feature OmniOutliner, OmniPlan, MindNode, Asana, Trello and Evernote. We’ll explore how each of these apps can be useful and how they relate to OmniFocus.
An Interactive Experience
During the live session you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chat box and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the live session 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The live session will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.
Especially if you’re new to OmniFocus, it’s recommended that you watch the recording of the Start Smart with OmniFocus webinar before attending this webinar. You might also want to watch the recording of the OmniFocus: Beyond the Basics webinar.