Fantastical 2 for Mac integrates with OmniFocus and allows you to conveniently schedule time to get things done.
The 2.0.5 release of Fantastical 2 for Mac introduced integration between OmniFocus for Mac (2.2 or later) and Fantastical. In a nutshell, you can set aside time to get work done by dragging OmniFocus folders, projects, groups and actions into Fantastical. If the “estimated time” field for the OmniFocus item is defined, then the length of the event will match this value. Otherwise, the default event duration will be used. Additionally, dragging from OmniFocus to Fantastical automatically creates a link back to the item in OmniFocus for easy access.
This video walks you through the process of creating Fantastical events based on items in OmniFocus and presents a variety of workflows and use cases. You’ll learn:
- How to create events in Fantastical 2 for Mac that reference projects, actions and groups in OmniFocus.
- How to use the “estimated time” field in OmniFocus to specify the amount of time allocated for work in Fantastical.
- How to create repeating events in Fantastical that reference lists in OmniFocus.
- Strategies for setting aside time for specific areas of your life by creating events that link to related projects and actions in OmniFocus.
- How to use links embedded in calendar items to access your OmniFocus data from calendar apps on iPhone and iPad, including the default Calendar app and the Fantastical apps for iOS.
New to Fantastical?
If you've never used Fantastical 2 for Mac before, you might want to take some time to learn the basics before watching this video. Here are some resources to help you get up to speed with Fantastical 2 for Mac:
- Flexibits - The Flexibits site contains a comprehensive series of Fantastical 2 for Mac Videos created by David Sparks (aka MacSparky). Also check out David’s blog post about Fantastical 2 for Mac.
- ScreenCastsOnline - By becoming a ScreenCastsOnline Member you'll have access to 500+ Mac and iOS tutorials, including in-depth screencasts that focus on Fantastical on Mac and iOS. Your membership also includse a complimentary subscription to the ScreenCastsOnline Monthly magazine.