Keep your OmniFocus database clean and action-orientated by storing your ideas and project support material in Evernote.
Most of the techniques shared in this video continue to work with OmniFocus 3.
Visit the Evernote page in the Learn OmniFocus App Directory to learn more about using OmniFocus with Evernote.
OmniFocus is an outstanding app for tracking projects and tasks, but can easily get bogged down if it is also used as a repository for things like ideas and project support material. Instead, store this information elsewhere and reference it from the notes field of OmniFocus projects, groups and actions as needed.
One very popular place to store things like ideas and project support material is Evernote. Evernote is available free of charge and a paid Evernote account gives you access to additional features and raises the limit on how much data you can add to your Evernote database each month.
How to integrate OmniFocus and Evernote…
In this video, we'll focus on how to integrate Evernote into your OmniFocus workflows. You'll learn:
- How to use OmniFocus for Mac to link an OmniFocus action to a specific note in Evernote.
- How to make use Classic Note Links to bypass the web version of Evernote on both Mac and iOS.
- How to create an action in OmniFocus for iPhone that links to a specific note in Evernote.
- And more…
New to Evernote?
If you've never used Evernote before, it's recommended that you sign up for a free account and take some time to learn the basics before watching this video. Here are some other resources to help you get up to speed with Evernote:
- Evernote Guide — A series of free videos on Evernote.com to help you get up to speed on Evernote, with separate tutorials for Mac and iOS. [link]
- Evernote Essentials — An e-Book written by Evernote aficionado Brett Kelly that has been described as "The Definitive Getting Started Guide for Evernote". [link]
- ScreenCastsOnline — By becoming a ScreenCastsOnline Member you'll have access to 500+ tutorials, including in-depth screencasts that focus on Evernote. Your membership also include a complimentary subscription to the ScreenCastsOnline Monthly magazine. [link]