OmniFocus 3 for iOS is a major update that introduces numerous new features and enhancements.
With this major release, OmniFocus gains new capabilities that add efficiency and convenience to managing projects and tasks. Most notably, OmniFocus 3 introduces support for multiple tags and ushers in major enhancements to custom perspectives, repeats and notifications.
OmniFocus 3 for iOS also introduces a wide range of user interface enhancements, including a new multi-pane mode, a customizable inspector, batch editing and an interleaved Forecast perspective. It also feels right at home on iOS 11, thanks to some thoughtful visual enhancements.
Take a Tour of OmniFocus 3.0 for iOS
This video will take you on a tour of the major new features and user interface enhancements that were introduced in OmniFocus 3.0, and will help you make the transition from OmniFocus 2. Speaking of OmniFocus 2, it also touches on how you can use OmniFocus 2 for Mac alongside OmniFocus 3 for iOS.
Featured topics include:
- Customizing the sidebar, outline, and inspector panels.
- Using multiple tags, while still maintaining compatibility with OmniFocus 2.
- Creating flexible notifications.
- Using the new batch edit feature to change multiple items simultaneously.
- Using the interleaved Forecast perspective to see your calendar appointments and tasks in one unified view.
- Using the Forecast Tag (Pro Edition) with the redesigned Forecast perspective.
- Creating and editing enhanced OmniFocus 3 custom perspectives (Pro Edition).
- And more…
Taking a Deeper Dive
We’ll delve into all of these topics in more detail in other articles, videos, and live sessions (recordings). Some of our content is available free of charge. And by becoming a member you can get full access to our library and can attend any of the upcoming live, interactive sessions.
Visit the Release Notes page on the Omni Group’s website for more information on this and other releases.