Select text in virtually any app on your Mac and use PopClip and your mouse or trackpad to create an OmniFocus action.
PopClip is a clever app by Pilotmoon Software that displays context-sensitive actions when you select text on your Mac, providing functionality that’s very similar to what iOS offers. “Out of the box” PopClip support some basic functionality through built-in actions. This functionality can be greatly extended by downloading and installing actions from the PopClip Extensions Directory. This directory contains over 100 PopClip actions, including one that provides integration with OmniFocus for Mac (Pro).
This video introduces you to the basics of PopClip and shows you how you can enhance your OmniFocus workflows using PopClip. You’ll learn:
- How to install and configure PopClip.
- How to use the basic functionality that PopClip provides.
- How to significantly expand PopClip’s functionality by installing PopClip Extensions.
- How to create actions in OmniFocus for Mac (Pro) using the PopClip Extension for OmniFocus.
- How to use PopClip to conveniently access specific OmniFocus folders, projects, groups and actions from virtually any application.
- PopClip Knowledge Base – The Pilotmoon Software Knowledge Base includes basic and advanced documentation for PopClip and an FAQ. If you’re feeling adventurous, there are also instructions for writing your own PopClip Extensions.
- PopClip Extensions – A growing library of PopClip extensions that provide everything from text manipulation to app integration.
- ScreenCastsOnline – By becoming a ScreenCastsOnline Member (free trial available). You’ll have access to 500+ Mac and iOS tutorials, including screencasts that feature PopClip. Your membership also includes a complimentary subscription to the ScreenCastsOnline Monthly magazine.