Learn how to use the drag and drop features that were introduced in iOS 11 to add ease and efficiency to your OmniFocus workflows.
With the introduction of iOS 11, OmniFocus gained some new drag and drop capabilities, making it more convenient than ever to move data within OmniFocus (iPhone and iPad), and providing some intuitive and efficient ways for OmniFocus to exchange data with other apps (iPad).
Drag and Drop Within OmniFocus (iPhone & iPad)
Watch this video and learn how to drag and drop actions within OmniFocus, including:
- How to reorder items in a project.
- How to combine multiple actions into a group.
- How to move actions between projects.
Drag and Drop Between OmniFocus and Other Apps (iPad)
You’ll also learn how to drag and drop between OmniFocus and other apps, including:
- How to create OmniFocus actions based on Mail messages while using both apps in full-screen mode.
- How to integrate OmniFocus and Mail in split-screen mode.
- How to access Mail messages from OmniFocus, even if they’ve been archived away.
- How to create OmniFocus actions based on photos in the Photos app.
- How to store photos from the Photos app as OmniFocus attachments that are available across all your devices.
- How to schedule time in the Calendar app to carry out specific actions.
- How to access OmniFocus actions from the Calendar app.
- How to create OmniFocus actions based on Calendar appointments.
Drag and Drop with Third-Party Apps
Drag and drop is also supported by numerous other third-party apps, including some of the ones included in our OmniFocus App Directory. Look for more examples in our articles, videos and live sessions.