Sorting can help make your OmniFocus database visually intuitive and easy to navigate. In this video, we look at convenient ways to use OmniFocus’ sorting features.
OmniFocus 3 for Mac
Sorting in OmniFocus 3 for Mac is the same as it was in OmniFocus 2 for Mac. Note that contexts are now called tags and OmniFocus 3 tasks can have multiple tags.
OmniFocus for Mac includes a feature called “Sort Once” that allow you to sort folders, projects, actions, and contexts. In this video, we’ll delve into how this feature works and will look at how to conveniently access sorting features using the keyboard. You’ll learn:
- How to sort a group of actions by defer date.
- How to sort projects and folders by name.
- A naming convention that allows you to group single actions lists separately from parallel and sequential projects.
- How to sort contexts by name.
- How to define keyboard shortcuts that make sorting more convenient and efficient.