Establish routines and keep OmniFocus up to date with some help from the Repeat feature in OmniFocus 2 for Mac.
The basics for creating repeating actions, groups, and projects is essentially the same in OmniFocus 3 as it was in OmniFocus 2.
However, the repeat feature is much more flexible in OmniFocus 3 than it was in OmniFocus 2. For example, actions, groups, and projects can now repeat on the first Sunday or the 23rd day of each month.
These changes and additions are covered in detail in more recent content.
OmniFocus allows you to configure actions, groups and even entire projects to automatically repeat. In this video, you’ll learn how to make use of the flexible Repeat feature in OmniFocus 2 for Mac through the use of some practical examples. You’ll learn how to:
- Create a repeating action with a due date that based on when the previous action was completed.
- Create a repeating action that becomes available a specified amount of time after the previous action was marked complete.
- How to create an action that automatically repeats on specific days of the week.
- How to create a repeating group.
- How to create a repeating project.
For another example of how repeating projects can be useful, check out the Performing Weekly Reviews with OmniFocus 2 for Mac video.