- This event has passed.
OmniFocus: Beyond the Basics
June 22, 2016 | 10:00 am - 11:30 am PDT
This webinar picks up where Start Smart with OmniFocus leaves off and introduces more advanced OmniFocus functionality and best practices for the Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.
This webinar, combined with Start Smart with OmniFocus, covers almost all of OmniFocus’ features and settings and introduces best practices and power user tricks that will support you in making effective and efficient use of OmniFocus across all of your Apple devices.
Please note: As indicated below, some of the features that are showcased in this webinar require the Pro Edition of OmniFocus for Mac and iOS. More information is available on the Omni Group’s website.
Attend the webinar and learn:
- Efficient Ways to Get Things In and Out of OmniFocus:
- How to use OmniFocus’ integrated Share Sheet extension to easily create actions from other apps on both Mac and iOS.
- Fast and convenient ways to create new actions on the Mac that reference Mail messages, webpages, files and more using the system-wide “OmniFocus 2: Send to Inbox” Service.
- How to configure and use your iPhone and iPad to capture actions using Siri.
- A variety of ways to get information in and out of OmniFocus for Mac, including techniques for moving information between OmniFocus and OmniOutliner.
- Efficient Ways to Process OmniFocus Items:
- Quick and convenient ways to specify dates on the Mac, including how to clear and assign dates for multiple items simultaneously.
- How to use TextExpander to quickly and consistently define actions on both Mac and iOS.
- Advanced techniques for conveniently creating and customizing projects and groups on the Mac.
- How to Conveniently Access Key Projects and Actions:
- How to make effective use of the Today view on Mac and iOS.
- How to create and edit a variety of different perspectives on Mac and iOS (Pro).
- How to avoid distractions by using the Focus feature in OmniFocus for Mac (Pro).
- How to associate contexts with a specific location (e.g. Pacific Centre Apple Store in Vancouver) or a search (e.g. “Apple Store”) using your iPhone and iPad.
- How to Fine-Tune Your OmniFocus Setup:
- How to fine-tune your OmniFocus settings on Mac, iOS and Apple Watch.
- How to customize the layout of the home screen on your iPhone and iPad.
- How to use OmniFocus notifications effectively on the Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch.
- How keyboard shortcuts can be used to streamline your workflows on both Mac and iOS.
- And more…
Especially if you’re new to OmniFocus, it’s recommended that you watch the recording of the Start Smart with OmniFocus webinar before attending this webinar.
OmniFocus was designed with David Allen’s Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to productivity in mind. To get maximum value from this webinar, it will help to have at least a basic understanding of GTD. Visit our Getting Things Done® (GTD®) Resources page for a list of resources, including some short videos that provide a quick and succinct introduction to GTD concepts.
An Interactive Experience
During the webinar you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chat box and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the webinar 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The webinar will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.