- This event has passed.
Using OmniFocus with Daylite
April 27, 2022 | 10:00 am – 11:00 am PDT
Daylite (affiliate link) is a business productivity manager and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) app for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Both individuals and teams can use Daylite to track and manage interactions with contacts, including potential and existing clients, colleagues in a professional network, and service providers.
Linking Data Within Daylite
Conveniently, everything in Daylite can be linked together and categorized. For example, you can keep track of all the people who work at a company and link people and companies to specific sales opportunities and projects. Daylite also includes a macOS Mail plug-in that makes it easy to store and track emails using Daylite. And since Daylite is a native app, it’s well integrated with macOS, iOS, and iPadOS apps and services. The Daylite database can be stored locally on your devices, so you’ll be able to access and update your data, even if you don’t have access to the Internet.
Integrating OmniFocus and Daylite
While OmniFocus and Daylite have some overlap, they also have numerous features that complement each other. For example, Daylite is adept at housing and relating information on the people and companies you deal with. And OmniFocus is well suited to articulating and tracking personal tasks related to the information stored in your Daylite database. We’ll explore how to use these two apps in tandem, drawing on each app’s best features.
Everyone is welcome. No previous Daylite experience is necessary.
This session doesn’t assume any previous experience with Daylite. It’s suitable for everyone who wants to track contacts using Apple devices, whether you’re a solopreneur or a member of a small or medium-sized team. If you’re a team of one, you can use Daylite to manage your leads and clients; think of it as a “pro” version of Apple’s Contacts and Calendar apps. In a team setting, you can use Daylite to share contact information, delegate tasks, and help ensure that critical details of business opportunities and client projects are consistent and easily accessible.
Join this interactive session and learn:
- What Daylite is for and how this native app compares to web-based alternatives.
- About the variety of ways that Daylite can be used, both individually and in a team environment.
- How tasks in Daylite can be used in combination with actions in OmniFocus while keeping the overall system streamlined and straightforward.
- How Daylite opportunities and projects complement OmniFocus projects and actions.
- Ways to use repeating actions in OmniFocus to help ensure that the Daylite database is up-to-date and relevant.
- Strategies for using repeating OmniFocus actions that reference dynamically updated smart lists in Daylite.
- How to link OmniFocus projects and actions to specific information in Daylite using a “hyperlink” (Mac). Conversely, you’ll learn how OmniFocus actions, projects, and tags can be referenced from Daylite.
- How to use Hook (Mac) to quickly and conveniently link existing projects and actions in OmniFocus to data in Daylite.
- How to use Hook to quickly and easily create OmniFocus actions that reference specific Daylite “objects” (e.g., people, companies, and projects).
- Practical ways to use Zapier to automate the creation of OmniFocus actions based on additions to Daylite. For example, Zapier can automatically add an action to the OmniFocus inbox when a new project is created in Daylite. This new OmniFocus action can easily be transformed into an OmniFocus project and used to handle the work defined in Daylite.
- And more…
This session will be led by Learn OmniFocus Founder, Tim Stringer. Tim has been using Daylite to help manage his company, Technically Simple, since 2007 and is a certified Marketcircle Expert. He has provided Daylite consulting and training to a wide variety of organizations over the years. Visit the Technically Simple website to learn more about Tim Stringer’s Daylite Consulting and Training services.
An Interactive Experience
During the live session, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chatbox and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the live session 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The live session will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.