- This event has passed.
Bringing Ideas to Life with OmniFocus
January 26, 2022 | 10:00 am - 11:30 am PSTFree
Do you have more ideas than you know what to do with? Learn how to use OmniFocus and complementary apps to systematically manage and act on your ideas.
Do you find that great ideas are constantly coming to you and that you don’t always know what to do with this fountain of inspiration? Without a systematic way to deal with this intellectual deluge, these ideas can occur as a source of stress and overwhelm rather than valuable insights that help inform future activities.
This session provides practical ways to manage and act on your ideas. You’ll learn convenient ways to capture and classify ideas into an “idea bank” as they occur. You’ll also learn how to use OmniFocus to ensure that these ideas are reviewed regularly. And, when it comes time for action, you’ll see how OmniFocus can be used to help bring these ideas to life.
What You’ll Learn
Join the LIVE session and learn:
- A variety of ways to quickly and conveniently capture ideas into one or more idea repositories.
- How to organize what you capture to ensure that it’s easy to identify and review in the future.
- Why OmniFocus isn’t always the best place to store your ideas.
- How to use OmniFocus to ensure that your ideas are reviewed regularly.
- About the importance of distinguishing between creative brainstorming and structured activities.
- How to differentiate ideas that you’re developing (incubating) from those that are tied to committed actions and outcomes.
- How to develop ideas using mind mapping and outlining apps.
- How to manage and take action on ideas that are captured and shared within a team. Among other things, OmniFocus can prompt you to review this collaborative idea bank regularly and take the appropriate action.
- How you can use a “kaizen” tag to promote continuous improvements to your life, work, and productivity system.
- How automation technologies can add ease, efficiency, and accuracy to your creative workflows.
- And more…
Featured apps include Airtable (affiliate), Apple Notes, Asana (affiliate), Craft, Day One, Drafts, Hook, MindNode, OmniOutliner, and Zapier. Many of the strategies that we demonstrate using these apps can also be applied to similar productivity apps.
Especially if you’re new to OmniFocus, it’s recommended that you go through the Start Smart with OmniFocus 3 course before watching this session. You might also want to watch the recording of the OmniFocus 3: Beyond the Basics course to get better acquainted with OmniFocus’ more advanced features.