Mastering Reviews with OmniFocus
January 10, 2018 | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
Performing regularly reviews is key to having a productivity system that is reliable, useful and trusted. This practice also provides the opportunity to rise above the day-to-day tasks and to look at the big picture of your life and work. Ultimately, reviews help ensure that the projects and actions you’ve defined are taking you down a productive path.
Overview of Live Session
If you’re not currently performing regular reviews, this session is designed to help you get started. And if you do have a review practice, what you’ll learn will support you in taking your reviews to the next level.
The GTD Weekly Review®
We’ll draw some wisdom from the GTD Weekly Review®, that’s an integral part of David Allen’s Getting Things Done® (GTD®) approach to productivity. In a nutshell, this approach has three distinct components:
- Get Clear — Gather everything that has your attention and process your physical and digital inboxes to zero.
- Get Current — Review and evaluate your projects, single action lists, waiting lists, and longer-term goals and outcomes.
- Get Creative — Review your someday/maybe lists and unleash your creative prowess.
What You’ll Learn
Attend the live session and learn:
- Why reviews are so important and the consequences of not doing regular reviews.
- Strategies for getting into the habit of performing regular reviews and common pitfalls to watch out for.
- How to use create self-completing, repeating projects in OmniFocus that support you in systematically performing reviews.
- What to include in daily, weekly and monthly review projects.
- What to make a repeating single action (i.e. what not to include in repeating projects).
- How to ensure that all elements of your system, including both physical and digital inboxes, are included in your reviews.
- About the importance of reviewing the calendar regularly.
- How to engage with your someday/maybe list(s) during reviews.
- How to make effective use of OmniFocus’ built-in Review perspective.
- How to use reviews as an opportunity to tap into your creativity.
- And more…
An Interactive Experience
During the live session you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chat box and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the live session 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The live session will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.
Especially if you’re new to OmniFocus, it’s recommended that you watch the recording of the Start Smart with OmniFocus webinar before attending this webinar. You might also want to watch the recording of the OmniFocus: Beyond the Basics webinar.