Practical Focus with OmniFocus
January 12, 2017 | 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PST
Many have referred to the times that we live in as the “age of distraction”. We’re inundated by media, communications and notifications. In any given moment, we may find ourselves faced with a dizzying array of projects and tasks to focus on. Without a strategy to deal with the deluge, our default tendency is to procrastinate and to venture off on unproductive paths.
Overview of Webinar
This webinar emphasizes the value of developing skills around focused work and provides practical guidance for using OmniFocus to identify a specific project or action to focus on. We’ll look at how to stay on task during focused sessions with some help from OmniFocus and complementary apps and services for Mac, iOS and Apple Watch.
What You’ll Learn
Attend the webinar and learn:
- About the importance of clarifying areas of life and work that are worthy of your time and attention.
- Strategies for scheduling time for focused work.
- How to effectively use OmniFocus for Mac’s built-in Focus feature (Pro Edition) during focused work sessions.
- How OmniFocus can help you systematically make progress on larger goals.
- How to use contexts to quickly distinguish between actions that require focused attention, and those that can be accomplished in a less focused environment.
- How to use perspectives on Mac and iOS (Pro Edition) to take full advantage of focused time.
- How Masterbuilder’s Focus app for Mac, iOS and Apple Watch can be integrated with OmniFocus and used as a timer for focused sessions and breaks.
- How to use Brad Jasper’s Focus app for Mac to conveniently block distracting apps and websites during focused work sessions.
- How to monitor your progress using RescueTime for Mac and Moment for iOS
- And more…
An Interactive Experience
During the webinar you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chat box and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the webinar 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The webinar will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.
Especially if you’re new to OmniFocus, it’s recommended that you watch the recording of the Start Smart with OmniFocus webinar before attending this webinar. You might also want to watch the recording of the OmniFocus: Beyond the Basics webinar.