Quickly and conveniently and capture text and then send it to OmniFocus and other destinations through the use of flexible, customizable actions.
Drafts is a note-taking app that supports highly customizable actions. It provides a convenient way to capture text, whether it’s an idea that pops into your head or a book recommendation that comes up in conversation. The focus is on recording the information, without concern for where this information will ultimately reside.
Capture Text and Apply Actions
Text that you capture in Drafts is synced across all of your devices and can be processed by applying actions.
For example, once configured you could create an OmniFocus action with the first line of the task becoming the title and the remaining text being added to the notes field. Alternatively, multiple OmniFocus actions could be created from a single note if you use an action that instructs drafts to treat each line as a separate task.
Drafts is also a great app to use when writing in TaskPaper. In a nutshell, TaskPaper is a text-based way of defining projects and actions. Drafts provides syntax formatting to make this text easier to read. And when TaskPaper text is sent from Drafts to OmniFocus, OmniFocus creates projects and actions, applying the appropriate settings for things like due dates, defer dates and flags.
Learn OmniFocus Resources
- Webinar | 2019-03-13 – Automating OmniFocus 3 Using Siri Shortcuts: Advanced
- Webinar | 2019-01-30 – Automating OmniFocus 3 Using Siri Shortcuts: Beyond the Basics
- Webinar | 2018-05-23 – OmniFocus 3 Workflows with Rose Orchard (Free)
- Webinar | 2016-10-12 – Automating OmniFocus on iOS
- Webinar | 2015-12-09 – From Idea to Implementation
- Webinar | 2015-04-25 – Automating OmniFocus
- Webinar | 2014-10-25 – Capturing & Processing into OmniFocus
- Video | Efficient iOS Capture into OmniFocus using Drafts 4
- Video | Efficient iOS Capture into OmniFocus using Drafts 5
- Drafts Action Directory – This growing directory contains a collection of actions created both by Agile Tortoise and Drafts users, including many actions specific to OmniFocus.
- Automation Orchard — Drafts is prominently featured in Rose Orchard’s Automation Orchard website. You’ll find an extensive library of tips, use cases, and tutorials.
- Drafts Field Guide – David Sparks (aka MacSparky) offers a free Drafts Field Guide to help you get started with Drafts and make good use of its free and paid features.
- ScreenCastsOnline Tutorials – ScreenCastsOnline contains hundreds of tutorials for Mac, iOS and web apps, including detailed tutorials to help you get the most out of Drafts.