Using templates as the basis for new projects saves time and encourages consistency.
If you find yourself creating similar projects over and over again, it's very likely worth your while to take the time to create a template that can be used as the basis for future projects. In this video we'll look at a couple of strategies for creating template-based projects. The first approach will work on both the Standard and Pro editions of OmniFocus 2 for Mac and the second approach requires the Pro edition. You'll learn:
- How to create placeholder projects that can be used as the basis for future projects.
- How to install the free Populate Template Placeholders AppleScript, written by Omni Group engineer, Curt Clifton (requires Pro edition of OmniFocus 2 for Mac).
- How to use this script to create templates containing placeholder text that is replaced with project-specific information.
- How to use this script to create projects containing defer dates that are calculated automatically.
- How to use this script to create projects containing due dates that are calculated automatically.