- This event has passed.
Overcoming Procrastination with OmniFocus
January 25, 2023 | 10:00 am – 11:30 am PST
Gain insights into how and why you procrastinate and learn how OmniFocus and complementary apps can help you curb this trend and embrace your productive nature.
We all procrastinate in at least some areas of our lives. Sometimes this procrastination can be very obvious. Other times it’s much more subtle and can even masquerade as productivity.
During this session, you’ll uncover the roots of your procrastination and gain insights into specific factors that lead you to put off your most important tasks. You’ll learn practical ways to use OmniFocus and complementary apps to identify and deal with things you’re putting off.
What You’ll Learn
Join the LIVE session and learn:
- What is procrastination, and why it’s so popular.
- Practical strategies for evaluating the costs and payoffs of procrastination.
- How planning plays an essential role in the process and why you may tend to procrastinate on planning.
- How the names you give to your projects and actions can impact your likelihood of procrastination.
- Ways that OmniFocus defer dates are commonly used for procrastination, and what you can do to curb this trend.
- Creative ways to use tags (e.g. the “😬 Avoiding” tag) to identify things you’re putting off.
- How to use custom OmniFocus perspectives to audit your system and weed out procrastination.
- How the Review feature in OmniFocus can help you build trust in your system and encourage focus.
- How your calendar and notes can be used alongside OmniFocus to help ensure that your processes are grounded, streamlined, and convenient.
- How having an accountability buddy and attending Virtual Coworking sessions can help reduce procrastination.
- And more…
Especially if you’re new to OmniFocus, it’s recommended that you go through the Start Smart with OmniFocus 3 course before watching this session. You might also want to go through the OmniFocus 3: Beyond the Basics course to get better acquainted with OmniFocus’ more advanced features.