You can use TextExpander by Smile Software to efficiently create OmniFocus actions on Mac & iOS that incorporate a second context.
TextExpander by Smile Software is an app that automatically expands "snippets" of text to help make typing more efficient. In this video we'll look at how to use TextExpander to quickly create OmniFocus actions on both Mac and iOS. We'll also look at how to use specific naming conventions to add a second context to OmniFocus actions. You'll learn:
- How to use TextExpander to quickly create OmniFocus actions on both Mac and iOS.
- How to create actions with more than one context by using specific naming conventions.
- How to search for specific types of actions (e.g. phone calls) based on these naming conventions.
- How to create an OmniFocus perspective that incorporates a search for specific types of actions (Pro edition).
- And more…
Learn OmniFocus TextExpander Snippets
Click the "Download Snippets" button to download a zip file containing the TextExpander Snippets that are featured in this video. To add these snippets to TextExpander, simply double-click on the enclosed TextExpander file. A new group called "Learn OmniFocus" will be created that you can customize as needed. Sprechen Sie auch Deutsch? Thanks to Learn OmniFocus Members Martin Jean and Clemens Schleicher for translating the snippets into French and German.
New to TextExpander?
If you've never used TextExpander before, it's recommended that you take some time to learn the basics before watching this video. Here are some resources to help you get up to speed with TextExpander:
- ScreenCastsOnline — By becoming a ScreenCastsOnline Member you'll have access to 500+ Mac and iOS tutorials, including in-depth screencasts that focus on TextExpander. Your membership also include a complimentary subscription to the ScreenCastsOnline Monthly magazine.