In this video we’ll take a tour of the Preferences that are available in OmniFocus 2 for Mac.
OmniFocus 3 for Mac
Many of the Preferences are the same in OmniFocus 3 for Mac as they were in OmniFocus 2 for Mac, with some key exceptions:
- The font size is now configured in the Style pane. You can also configured other style-related settings in this pane, including the colour palette, coloured text in the outline, and the sidebar darkness.
- The Organization pane now includes an option to show the inbox in the Project perspective.
- The Layout pane allows you to specify the default layout for perspectives. You can override these defaults for individual perspectives (Pro).
- The Notifications pane has been renamed to Badges. There’s no longer an option to publish calendar items.
Note that contexts are now called tags and OmniFocus 3 tasks can have multiple tags.
The OmniFocus Preferences dialog allows you to configure OmniFocus for Mac in a variety of ways. We’ll take a complete tour through the Preferences dialog and will explore some best practices for configuring OmniFocus. Among other things, you’re learn:
- How to change the size of the text in the main outline.
- How to make sure that a project and context are assigned before an action is removed from the inbox.
- How to configure date and time settings.
- How to use OmniFocus with the Mac OS Notification Center.
- How to use the notification features that are built in to OmniFocus.
- How to configure and access synchronization settings.
- How to reset OmniFocus preferences to their default values.