- This event has passed.
Automating OmniFocus – 2015-04-25
April 25, 2015 | 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
By introducing convenient shortcuts and automation for OmniFocus activities that you perform on a regular basis you’ll be able to access and create actions and projects faster than ever before. The cumulative time savings that is available by applying these techniques can be quite significant. Additionally, having more efficient ways to access OmniFocus features reduces friction and encourages regular use of OmniFocus.
In this webinar we’ll look at a multitude of ways to add speed and convenience to OmniFocus on both Mac and iOS. Building on the material that was covered in the Taming Email with OmniFocus webinar, we’ll also look at some web-based solutions that help automate task creation behind the scenes.
Attend the webinar and learn techniques and best practices for:
- Installing and using AppleScripts with OmniFocus for Mac.
- Conveniently launching OmniFocus AppleScripts using FastScripts.
- Creating an OmniFocus project based on a predefined template, complete with prompts for project-specific information.
- Using Keyboard Maestro to quickly and conveniently access information stored in OmniFocus for Mac. For example, by pressing a hot key, you can launch OmniFocus (if it’s not already running) and be searching a list of all remaining tasks within seconds.
- Automatically creating OmniFocus actions using Hazel for Mac, building on the material presented in the Taming Email with OmniFocus webinar.
- Using IFTTT (“if this then that”) recipes to automatically create OmniFocus actions based on a wide variety of triggers.
- Accessing perspectives and quickly creating new actions using Launch Center Pro for iOS
- Creating OmniFocus tasks in a multitude of ways using Drafts for iOS.
- And more…
It is recommended that you haves some experience using OmniFocus and a good handle on the basic features before participating. Please note that much of the material covered in this webinar requires the Pro Edition of OmniFocus for Mac.
An Interactive Experience
During the webinar you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chat box and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the webinar 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The webinar will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.