Start Smart with OmniFocus
April 28, 2016 | 10:00 am - 11:30 am PDT
This webinar covers OmniFocus concepts, features and best practices to support you in using OmniFocus effectively on Mac, iOS and Apple Watch. No prior knowledge or experience with OmniFocus is assumed.
You’re welcome to attend whether you’re brand new to OmniFocus and want to make sure you configure and use OmniFocus optimally from the beginning, or if you’re an existing OmniFocus user and want to fill in some gaps in your knowledge and re-envision your setup and practices.
Attend the webinar and learn:
- How to install OmniFocus on your Mac and iOS devices.
- How to synchronize your OmniFocus data between all of your Apple devices.
- Key OmniFocus concepts, including sequential and parallel projects, single action lists, contexts, folders and perspectives.
- Best practices for creating and naming projects.
- Best practices for creating and using contexts.
- Best practices for configuring OmniFocus on Mac and iOS.
- How to use folders to organize and separate different aspects of your life and work.
- A variety of ways to capture information into your OmniFocus inbox on Mac and iOS.
- Techniques and best practices for processing your OmniFocus inbox.
- The difference between defer and due dates.
- How to use flags to identify your most important tasks.
- How to create actions that repeat.
- Practical ways to use OmniFocus as you go through the day.
- How to use OmniFocus’ Review feature to build trust in your system.
- How to use OmniFocus’ Forecast feature to monitor your workload and time commitments.
- How to make productive use of OmniFocus on the Apple Watch.
- And more…
OmniFocus was designed with David Allen’s Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to productivity in mind. To get maximum value from this webinar, it will help to have at least a basic understanding of GTD. Visit our Getting Things Done® (GTD®) Resources page for a list of resources, including some short videos that provide a quick and succinct introduction to GTD concepts.
An Interactive Experience
During the webinar, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chat box and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the webinar 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The webinar will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.