- This event has passed.
Practical Focus with OmniFocus 4
February 28, 2024 | 10:00 am – 11:30 am PST
Many have referred to the times that we live in as the “age of distraction.” We’re inundated by media, communications and notifications. At any given moment, we may find ourselves faced with a dizzying array of projects and actions to focus on. Without a strategy to deal with this deluge, our default tendency is to procrastinate and to venture off on unproductive paths.
This session emphasizes the importance of developing your ability to focus and provides practical guidance for using OmniFocus and complementary apps. You’ll learn how to use OmniFocus to choose what to focus on, even if there’s a lot you could be working on at any given moment. You’ll also learn how to maximize your focus sessions and how complementary apps and services can help.
What You’ll Learn
Attend the LIVE session and learn:
- About the importance of clarifying areas of life and work that are worthy of your time and attention.
- Strategies for scheduling time for focused work.
- How to effectively use OmniFocus for Mac’s built-in Focus feature (OmniFocus Pro) during focused work sessions.
- How to assign estimated durations to projects and actions to help ensure that they get the appropriate amount of attention.
- How tags and custom perspectives (OmniFocus Pro) can help you make consistent progress.
- How OmniFocus can help you systematically make progress on larger goals, including those that involve other people.
- How to use tags to quickly distinguish between actions that require focused attention and those that can be accomplished in a less focused environment.
- How to use perspectives on Mac, iPhone and iPad (OmniFocus Pro) to take full advantage of focused time.
- Strategies for creating physical and digital environments that are conducive to focus.
- How to use timer apps to help maintain focus.
- How time-tracking apps can provide you with metrics that help guide your focused work.
- How group focus sessions (e.g. Virtual Coworking) can help you develop your ability to focus.
- And more…