Practical Focus with OmniFocus 3
January 15, 2020 | 10:00 am - 11:30 am PST
Learn how to use OmniFocus and complementary third-party apps to bring a relaxed, productive flow to your life and work, even when there are a lot of things competing for your attention.
Many have referred to the times that we live in as the “age of distraction”. We’re inundated by media, communications and notifications. In any given moment, we may find ourselves faced with a dizzying array of projects and actions to focus on. Without a strategy to deal with the deluge, our default tendency is to procrastinate and to venture off on unproductive paths.
This session emphasizes the value of developing skills around focused work and provides practical guidance for using OmniFocus to identify a specific project or action to focus on. We’ll look at how to stay on task during focused sessions with some help from OmniFocus and complementary apps and services for Mac, iOS, and Apple Watch.
What You’ll Learn
Attend the LIVE session and learn:
- About the importance of clarifying areas of life and work that are worthy of your time and attention.
- Strategies for scheduling time for focused work.
- How to effectively use OmniFocus for Mac’s built-in Focus feature (Pro Edition) during focused work sessions.
- How to assign time estimates to projects and actions to help ensure that they get the appropriate amount of attention.
- How tags and custom perspectives (Pro Edition) can help you make consistent progress on projects.
- How OmniFocus can help you systematically make progress on larger goals.
- How to use tags to quickly distinguish between actions that require focused attention and those that can be accomplished in a less focused environment.
- How to use perspectives on Mac and iOS (Pro Edition) to take full advantage of focused time.
- How Masterbuilder’s Focus app for Mac, iOS and Apple Watch can be integrated with OmniFocus and used as a timer for focused sessions and breaks.
- How to use Brad Jasper’s Focus app for Mac to conveniently block distracting apps and websites during focused work sessions.
- How to monitor your progress using RescueTime for Mac and Timing for Mac.
- And more…
Especially if you’re new to OmniFocus, it’s recommended that you watch the recording of the Start Smart with OmniFocus 3 session before watching this session. You might also want to watch the recording of the OmniFocus 3: Beyond the Basics session to better acquainted with OmniFocus’ more advanced features.