Taming Email with OmniFocus 3
October 30, 2019 | 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
When asked to share their biggest productivity challenges, people often include email management at the top of the list. Email has the potential to be a convenient and productive communication medium, but more often becomes a source of stress that leads to wasted hours.
In this session, we’ll look at some practical workflows to help you tame your email that make use of OmniFocus and complementary third-party apps and services. We’ll also look at instances where email isn’t the most effective communication tool and will offer suggestions for ways to limit the amount of email that arrives in your inbox.
Attend the LIVE session and learn techniques and best practices for:
- Managing your email inbox, including strategies and best practices for managing emails using OmniFocus.
- Creating OmniFocus actions based on emails, using native and third-party apps for Mac and iOS/iPadOS.
- Strategies for tracking responses to emails using “Waiting” actions in OmniFocus.
- Automating response tracking using the web-based SaneBox service.
- Automating the creation of OmniFocus actions based on emails using Hazel for Mac, IFTTT (“if this then that”), and Zapier.
- Composing emails that clearly communicate requests and share information.
- Limiting the amount of email that lands in your inbox using filters, SaneBox and collaboration services such as Asana.
- And more…
It’s recommended that you have at least a basic understanding of OmniFocus. Watch Start Smart with OmniFocus 3 to learn the basics and to fill in any gaps in your knowledge of the essentials.
An Interactive Experience
During the live session, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chat box and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the live session 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The live session will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.