- This event has passed.
Automating OmniFocus 3 Using Siri Shortcuts: Advanced
March 13, 2019 | 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
This session builds on the foundation of Automating OmniFocus 3 Using Siri Shortcuts: Basics and Automating OmniFocus 3 Using Siri Shortcuts: Beyond the Basics.
Attend the live session and learn how to:
- Create more complex, dynamic project templates, including those that make use of dictionaries and date calculations.
- Use text actions to combine TaskPaper tasks.
- Create repeating tasks in TaskPaper.
- Create OmniFocus tasks by choosing from a list.
- Use TaskPaper tasks stored in Drafts and files (e.g. iCloud or Dropbox)
- Turn an existing project into a template.
- Make use of Siri Shortcuts that are run from within OmniFocus (via Share Sheet).
- Make use of Mac project templates (i.e. those that use Populate Template Placeholders AppleScript) on iOS.
- Create Siri Shortcuts that integrate OmniFocus with other popular third-party productivity apps.
- And more…
Led by Rose Orchard
This session will be led by OmniFocus expert, Rose Orchard. Rose is a strong proponent of the benefits of automation. She’s the founder of Automation Orchard and co-hosts the popular Automators podcast alongside David Sparks (aka MacSparky). Rose also recently shared her OmniFocus setup and workflows here on Learn OmniFocus, including how she makes extensive use of iOS automation technologies.
An Interactive Experience
During the live session you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and share insights using the chat box and audio/video conferencing. You’re welcome to join the live session 15 minutes before the start time to familiarize yourself with the online meeting technology we’re using and for an informal chat with other participants. The live session will remain active for 15 minutes after the completion time for additional questions and sharing.